GBPUSD News by Allie Longford on 10:13 November 21, 2016 EST
The pound trades above 1.25 against the US dollar on Monday, up by almost 200 pips since the beginning of the forex trading week in Asia.
This is the combination of a stronger pound but also a milder dollar after a great run for the green back last week.
In a speech to the CBI in London the British PM Theresa May hinted that the Government will seek a transitional Brexit deal when negotiations with the EU begin to avoid the "cliff edge" that businesses fear.
* transitional Brexit deal to avoid 'cliff edge'
* £2bn science and technology investment
* Pledge to put workers on company boards is axed
* Turn start-up firms into 'successful scale-ups'
* Claims corporation tax will fall to 15pc 'speculative'